Inspired by ‘Save with Jamie’ book, I did this simple pasta for weekend lunch. No fuss, ready in in less than 30 mins, and kids –and hubby- loves it.
I tweak bit of the recipe –sorry Jamie- based on what available on my fridge and pantry.
For 4 serve, I need:
· 400gr Penne –cook according to packet instruction
· 1 capsicum, deseed and finely dice
· 2 red chillis, deseed and finely slice
· 3 cloves of garlic, finely slice
· 1x 400gr tin tomato sauce
· 4 ripe tomatoes, finely dice
· 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar –skipped it if you don’t feel like using it
· Olive Oil
· Salt & pepper for seasoning
· Parmesan cheese , to serve
- · Cook penne according to packet instructions, drain well.Reserve 1 cup of cooking water for later.
- · On large size pan, add olive oil and cook capsicum & chilli for about 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring regularly.
- · Add garlic, fry for about 1 minute, then add 1 tbs red wine vinegar, diced fresh tomatoes, cook for about 5 minutes, strirring regularly.
- · Add tomato sauce, season with salt & pepper, bring to boil.
- · Once its boiling, add penne and a cup of water –reserved from cooking penne.
- · Mix evenly until penne is all coated with sauce. Turn of the heat.
- · Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese on top.