Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 7 Challenge : Simple Burger

Most of time, I refused to give my kids burger from one or two fast food chains here, no matter they guaranteed their patty made from 100% beef, no fat playing part. Not only the patties concerning me, it has almost no vegetables on it. You can't ask for salad too.


I tried to make my own patty with no satisfying result. Until I found recipe from Jamie' Ministry of Food. It might sound so lame, but I never looked back since. I did this couple of time, become household favourite, and I did again on my last day of challenge. 
Oh well, home-made burger always taste better.



So for the patty, I use:
* 12 piece plain crackers, ground using food processor.
* a hand full of parsley, finely chop
* 2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
* 500g minced beef
* 1 large egg
* sea salt & ground black pepper as needed
* olive oil



How to: 
  • Mix all ingredients except olive oil.
  • Divide into 6 -for quite large patty- or 8 (I did 8), mould into roundish shape -you could use cookie cutter- about 1-2cm thick, drizzle with olive oil, cover and place in the fridge until you want to use it. It helps them to firm up.
  • If you like to freeze them, wrap individually on cling film/ plastic wrapper and store on airtight container before freeze it. It should last about 2 weeks.


To fry, I like to use large pan with very minimum oil just to even the heat. Fry for about 4 minutes, turning once halfway.


So simple and easy, I prepared my patty with supermarket- bought bun with plenty salads on side.





Now we can call it healthy burger ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails