Wednesday, May 18, 2011

India in da hoz : Butter Chicken Curry




I always wants to cook Indian curry -not kind of curry using factory-made paste sold on supermarket, more like make from the scratch. Every time I looked on to recipes, it was always putting me off with those long list of ingredients need to prepare. Until yesterday, somehow I feel I got an encouragement from inside to steel my way preparing all those spices needed without missing any.

I choose to do butter chicken, the-not-spicy-at-all curry so my kids could eat it. What's the point cooking a meal that your family could not enjoy it anyway.


So, for 4 serves, here what you need:
* 60gr butter
* 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 onion
* 750gr chicken fillet, diced
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 2 tsp ground coriander
* 1 tsp ground ginger
* 3 tsp garam masala
* 1 1/3 cup tomato paste
* 1/3 cup light sour cream
* 1 1/2 tbs sugar
* 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
* handful of corriander leave
* nan bread or basmati rice to serve



How to:
* Melted butter on saucepan with medium heat, add oil, mixed, add onion and browned about 5minutes.
* Add chicken, stir until it half cooked.
* Add all spices, mix well.
* Add tomato paste, sugar and sour cream, mix well. Reduce heat to minimum, put the lid on and let it simmer for about 10minutes until chicken well cooked.
* Turn off the heat, add yogurt and corriander, stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
* Ready to serve.



{recipe from Real Living Magazine - Aust, April edition}

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails