Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 1 Challenge : Chicken , Leek and Mushroom Stroganoff





{-based on Jamie's book : Ministry of Food-}

Here I am on day 1 cooking challenge from my daughter, finding myself flipping hundred pages of few Jamie' book I owned. Back and forth between recipes and stocks inside my fridge and my kitchen cupboard, I'm delighted with what I could put together and turn into something simple and delicious:
Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Stroganoff.

The book stated it will takes 19 minutes -no further info whether its include cleaning up kitchen mess and washing all pots and pans, or not-.

Here the recipe, for serves 2 you will need:
• 1 large leek
• a big handful of oyster mushroom
• 2 chicken breast, diced
• Olive oil a good lug of it (me, about 30 ml)
• a knob of butter (me, 20gram)
• a glass of white wine (I use none)
• a bunch of fresh parsley
• 285ml single cream (I use half sour cream and   half cream, based on supply left on my fridge)
• 1 lemon
• sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
• long grain or basmati rice to serve (we swap the rice with potato)

How to:
• Cook the rice as packaging instruction.
• Cut both ends off the leek, quarter lengthways, slice across thinly, then wash well under running water ( I learned to do the right thing with leek this time...)
• Slice the mushrooms
• Put a large frying pan on high heat and add the olive oil and butter.
• Add the leek to the pan (+ white wine), a small glass of water and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
• Let it bubble away for 5 minutes, covered loosely with foil.
• Finely chop the parsley.


• Remove the foil, add chicken, cream, mushroom and bit of parsley to the pan. Give a good stir, bring back to boil then turn the heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes until the chicken cooked.
• Just before serving, cut your lemon in half and squezee the juice of one half into the stroganoff.
• Season to taste.

Needless to say that my stroganoff didn't last long.
Great!

See you on day 2 :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails