Friday, July 9, 2010

Cheat-Miso-Soup

It's been raining every afternoon in the past few days, I felt like eating slurpy warm soup every afternoon. Feel like winter in Sydney :)............ Yuuum....

My latest rummage to my pantry lead me to this: Miso paste, pre-packed udon and one lonely potato on my kitchen bench.



I tend to add anything I stocked inside my fridge whenever I do soup.

This time, I greeted my miso soup with unusual filling: Potatoes; plus udon on the side.


Here, serving for 4, you will need:
1 litre chicken stock -opt for water if you don't want anything 'heavy'
2 tablespoon miso paste -I use store bought miso paste; and keep some on airtight container-
1 medium size potato, peeled & diced
1 pack of medium-firm tofu (approx 200gr)
2 pack of pre-packed udon (aprox 200gr)
2 spring onion, sliced

How to:
Boiled chicken stock on heavy-based pan, added miso paste once it boiling. Add potato, simmer on low-heat about 5-10 minutes. When potato quite soft, add tofu and spring onion. Simmer for 5 minutes,ready to serve.

Preparing Udon: cook as directed on its packaging.



Enjoy....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails