Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Chicken with Garlic & Rosemary



Inspired by video of Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie Oliver’s buddy, I tweak this recipe as my 6-year-old wannabe chef does not do chilli.
I ‘m sure the original recipe would turn out superb, mine isn’t lack of taste too :-)

So, this is my version of Chicken with Garlic & Rosemary:

I prepared:

  •  2kg of chicken  –we loves drumsticks, easy for kids to hold into-
  • Handful of fresh Rosemary –still on its twig
  • About 8 piece of garlic
  • Olive oil
  • Salt & pepper
  • Pan with lid




 (warning: this picture is not a ready to serve chicken, it is how its look like when I put all together on the pan)

How to:

  • Wash the chickens, pat dry with paper towel.  Season with salt & pepper.
  • Heat olive oil in good size pan on high heat; add seasoned chicken onto it, turn once or two until brown.
  • Once it’s browned, add fresh rosemary & garlic, put the lid on, and lower the heat.
  • Leave it cook slowly about 30 minutes
  • Open the lid, turn up the heat and let chicken skin getting caramelized (on this stage, you could add half  cup of white wine if desire, which I did not).
  • Once its caramelized, turn the heat off, and chicken are ready to serve.

 
We paired it with roast potato and salad, but fries will do okay too.
Happy cooking  :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails