Thursday, March 10, 2011

Creamy Lemon Spaghetti

We kind of oversupplied of basil lately -since all my basil plants blooming on the same time-. I've been looking for simple recipe with basil that not require mortar an pestle or food processor.

Then I found this simple recipe, which took me less than 1 hour to cook and cleaning up my kitchen mess.

The only downside was I could not find single (pouring) cream on my local supermarket, so I use creme fraiche instead -yes, it taste bit sweeter, and the consistency is different, so mix it with little bit of milk.



For 4 serve, here what you need:
400 grams spaghetti
80 ml olive oil
1/4 cup salted capers, rinse and drain
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1cup of single(pouring) milk -I substitute with 1/2cup of creme fraiche mixed with 1/2 cup of fresh milk-
1 tablespoon of lemon rind
2 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 cup of basil
Salt and pepper

How to:
Cook the spaghetti as packaging instruction, drain and return to pan.
Heat 1/2 of oil on medium heat, sauted all capers for 2-3 minutes , set aside.
Pour remaining oil onto pan on medium heat , add garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, add lemon rind, lemon juice, capers, cream, salt and pepper. Stir evenly for 2-3 minutes.
Pour the mixture onto cooked spaghetti, add the basil,mix well.
Ready to serve.
You could add fresh spinach on side -if you like.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails