3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 egg yolk
1 egg yolk, to spread over cookies
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
grated rind of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 jar strawberry jam , or as needed
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add the sugar gradually and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Using a wooden spoon, slowly mix in the whole egg and the egg yolk. Add the vanilla, lemon rind and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Add the fluor and stir to blend. Gather the dough into a ball, wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. On a fluored surface, roll out the dough about 1/2cm thick.
- Stamp out shapes or rounds with cookie cutters.
- Spooned 1/4 teaspoon of Strawberry jam on the middle of cookie, spread bit of egg yolk (it makes cookies golden brown when baked)
- Baked until lightly colored, about 5-8 minutes. Trasfer to a rack and let cool completely before place on the jar.
Strawberry jam can be substitute with any jam as desire.
Don't left your oven when baking, as oven have various heat which give different time of baking, so your cookies doesn't burn.
Happy cookies :)