Monday, October 22, 2007

I wish my photo display here

This is one of many reason I love Sydney: Art and About

Every year, this event held around October for about 20 days. The most exciting thing for me is the photo competition. It’s called Sydney Life (http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/artandabout/EE/SydneyLife.asp) I am amateur, but it doesn’t stop me to send my photo to the competition. As long as we can get the best shoot on Sydney Life -it’s people, it’s culture, it’s environment- doesn’t really matter if we a pro or amateur. 20 selected photo will be print as big as queen size bed sheet (it is true, real big print) and hang on the Hyde Park Walk, the main park in the heart of Sydney ( I always called Hyde Park “Alun-alun” as alun-alun in Solo or Jogjakarta).

This year is my third shoot. Still doesn’t goes through. My photo doesn’t good enough to display, put me on tears when I got the confirmation letter from City of Sydney; notice that my photo was failed. I was disappointed because this year will be my last chance for me to submit. I don’t care about the prize-money; just see the photo being display in Hyde Park is priceless.

This year winner, not the photo I choose to win though. The juror had different eyes definitely. For me, this photo (below) was absolute winner. Very touching.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails